What to bring
We recommend that you bring:
- A light-weight riding hat
- A shade hat with strap
- Two pairs of light-weight riding shoes
- Sunglasses on string, riding gloves and bandana
- Bush colour riding clothes (not white):
- Jodhpurs or long trousers and chaps (2 pairs)
- Long sleeved cotton shirts
- Jersey, fleece or multi- pocketed waistcoat
- Light weight waterproof windbreaker jacket
- Four pairs of of socks and underwear
- Shorts, T shirts, sarong, swimwear and sandals
- Sun block, lip salve, insect repellent
- Torch and binoculars
- Waterproof camera
Please note that insurance companies may only cover you if you wear a properly fitted recognised riding helmet. We do not provide any so please bring your own.
Macatoo provide a complimentary laundry service, although for hygiene reasons we do not wash underwear. Washing powder will be provided in your room for this purpose. Towels are provided.
All clothing should be neutral coloured to blend in with the bush (Preferably shades of khaki, brown, beige or green) Light weight cottons are advisable. Please take into consideration when you are coming as the weather does vary.
We recommend that you wear your riding clothes and boots on the plane and bring your hat and wash bag as hand luggage as luggage sometimes gets delayed.
Basic first aid kit is available in camp but please make sure to bring any prescription medication with you.
Please consult your doctor regarding anti-malarial and inoculations.
There is a strict luggage restriction for the small aircraft flights to and from Macatoo camp of 20kg per person, which includes hand luggage and camera equipment.
For safety and logistical reasons all bags must be soft sided and easily manageable with a maximum dimension of 35cm x 70cm. Hard suitcases and bags with wheels or frames will not be able to fit into the aircrafts resulting in clients having to repack before they are able to fly. Extra luggage can be stored in our Maun office if needed.
Note that there is no cell phone connectivity at Macatoo and that we have a limited internet connection for operational use only. We also have a satellite phone available for emergencies.